Monday 23 September 2013

Interesting developments - Alliances

Very short post, there are some suggestions that I had mentioned that BJP and Congress should do in the part 5 of my series on 2014 elections things are starting to fall in place.

I had suggested that BJP should tie up with MDMK, PMK and other smaller parties. MDMK seems to be OK to tie up with BJP and in the recent rally Vaiko (the MDMK leader) was all praise for Vajpayee, clearly indicating his preference to go with BJP. Also BJP has apparently reached out to DMDK also.

I had also suggested that BJP should try to tie up with TDP as Chandrababu Naidu is feeling the pinch of being relegated to the 4th place in the state. During his visit Naidu has met with Rajnath Singh and has clearly stated that he is ok to support BJP. The irony is that Naidu walked out of the NDA to reduce the loss of muslim votes. Naidu is desperate to gain some ground in the state, at least through the alliance with BJP.

I had also suggested that Congress should tie up with YSRC. Today Jaganmohan Reddy has been granted bail and I believe things will start moving towards a formal alliance (if not a merger).

Don't think the leading National parties are reading my blog, but at least my thoughts are same as what is actually happening on the ground. Next 8 months till elections will be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. DK sir, amazing in-depth analysis, that too so early in the game. I guess you should be aiming to become one of the expert panels in a TV channel (not in the AG one pls) for election analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Raaj for your feedback.. appreciate it

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory